Skip Navigation
Office of the Provost

Office of the Provost

Resuming in-person courses

Dear UConn Community:

I am pleased to share that our quarantine and testing strategy for starting the spring semester has been successful in maintaining a low rate of positive COVID-19 cases among our students, thanks in significant part to the many staff across Student Affairs.

As a result of our successful quarantine, I am also glad to confirm that classes with an in-person component can begin meeting in person, starting on Monday, Feb. 1.

• Instructors, please be sure to communicate with your students where your courses will be meeting and how frequently. This will vary depending on whether your class is fully in-person, hybrid, or split.
  • All elements of the UConn Promise remain in effect, including wearing your mask in public, practicing social distancing, and frequent hand washing.

I know that the availability and timing of vaccines is a priority question for many in our community.  At this time, we are in the first sub-phase of Phase 1b, which includes only individuals who are aged 75 or older.

• As we progress through the sub-phases of 1b, UConn will continue to work with the state to define eligibility, and Human Resources will notify employees directly when they are eligible for the vaccine.
  • For the majority of students, vaccination details are not available, but the University will share information as we receive it from the Department of Public Health.
  • UConn’s vaccination program is a component of the State of Connecticut’s overall program, rather than an independent and autonomous vaccination program. Employees can stay up to date on the state’s plan via the Department of Public Health’s website.

Our ability to maintain a relatively high level of in-person campus presence and activities has been truly a community effort. I am grateful to each student, staff, and faculty member of our community who has played your part in maintaining a safe and healthy environment. I look forward to seeing more of you on our campuses in the coming weeks.

Sincerely,
Carl

Carl Lejuez
Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs

Questions? Email at carl.lejuez@uconn.edu or join me in my online office hours, https://provost.uconn.edu/.