Office of the Provost
President Maric’s Inauguration – September 29th
Dear Faculty and Staff,
Last week, you all should have received an invitation to attend the upcoming Presidential Inauguration on September 29th for Dr. Radenka Maric, UConn’s 17th President. This event is not only a momentous occasion for our institution but also a celebration of our shared commitment to academic excellence and progress.
To mark this important day, we have a series of inspiring events planned, and we would be honored to have your presence among us. Here are the details:
Inspirational Academic Presentations
Time: 10:00 AM
Location: Student Union Theatre
Join us for a stimulating morning as your fellow colleagues share their academic insights and research achievements. This is an opportunity to engage with our academic community, learn about the exciting work taking place within our institution, and draw inspiration from the remarkable contributions of your peers. Faculty, students, and staff are encouraged to attend.
- Lewis Gordon, Board of Trustees Distinguished Professor of Philosophy and Global Affairs, Head of the Philosophy Department; “Black Existentialism and Decolonizing Knowledge”
- Richard Wilson, Board of Trustees Distinguished Professor of Law and Anthropology, Gladstein Chair of Human Rights; “The Harm in Hate Speech and What to Do About It”
- Jasna Jankovic, Associate Professor, Materials Science and Engineering; “What Doesn’t Break You Makes You Stronger – or How Life Shapes You as an Engineer, Researcher and a Leader in Clean Energy Field”
- Sandra Chafouleas, Board of Trustees Distinguished Professor, Ray Neag Professor of School Psychology, Co-Director, UConn Collaboratory on School and Child Health; “Simple and Joyful: Keys to Expanding Intergenerational Wellness”
- Yangchao Luo, Associate Professor of Food Science; “The Future of Food System and the Power of Innovation”
- Liisa Kuhn, Professor and Associate Head of Biomedical Engineering; “Addressing Medical Challenges with Biomaterials Innovation”
- Nora Madjar, Associate Professor of Organizational Behavior, Boucher Management & Entrepreneurship Department, Associate Dean for Undergraduate Programs; “Finding The Spark: How Our Personal Lives Can Unlock Remarkable Creativity”
- Trumpet performance by UConn graduate and undergraduate students: Eric Rizzo, Michael Reed, Caitlyn Corsetti, and Ashton Tyler; directed by Louis Hanzlik and Longino Villarreal
- Original poetry reading by Rylee Thomas, Honors English Undergraduate Student
Time: 3:00 PM
The centerpiece of the day will be the Presidential Inauguration Ceremony itself. The ceremony will be a reflection of our institution’s values, commitment to our community, and vision for the future.
Faculty Processional Participation: We invite all faculty members to participate in the faculty processional during the inauguration ceremony. Please ensure that you order your academic regalia by September 8th by emailing this form to email@example.com. This will ensure that we can make all the necessary arrangements for your involvement in this significant part of the event.
Time: 4:00 PM
Location: Student Union Ballroom
Following the ceremony, we will host a reception where you can connect with colleagues, students, and other partners across the State to build and strengthen ties within our community.
I look forward to celebrating this important day for President Maric and our entire UConn community with all of you.
Anne D’Alleva, PhD
Provost and Executive Vice President
University of Connecticut
Office of the Provost
352 Mansfield Road, U-1086
Storrs CT 06269-1086
UConn is a great university.
But it’s more than that. A top-ranked research institution, with campuses and staff across Connecticut, built to inspire the global community that is UConn Nation. UConn’s talented students exceed expectations. Our expert researchers, faculty, and alumni drive Creativity, Innovation, and Entrepreneurship (CIE) for a better tomorrow. We fuel the State’s economy and are committed to inclusion in benefiting the greater good. This is UConn.
STUDENTS FIRST, UCONN ALWAYS. HUSKIES FOREVER.