The Academic Administrative Forum
- A place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.
Synonyms: meeting, assembly, gathering, rally, conference, seminar, convention, symposium, colloquium, caucus
The Office of the Provost hosts a quarterly Academic Admin Forum for academic staff from the various units that report up to the Provost. We strive to make the Admin Forum applicable to all attendees and ensure we provide content that is timely and in line with attendees’ desire for knowledge, resources, or experiences that are unique and applicable to academic admins across campus. The purpose of the Admin Forum is to:
- Strengthen the institution and its staff by recognizing, encouraging, and supporting a high level of professionalism in its workers and compliance with relevant policies, protocols, and practices.
- Create a collective voice for staff and the issues and concerns brought forth relevant to their unique role in the university.
- Create more accessibility to leadership and transparency and understanding of widespread strategic decisions.
- Create an organized means of communication to push down relevant knowledge tied to the academic affairs enterprise akin to information shared at Council of Deans with Academic Deans, and departmental leadership at Associate Dean/Department Head/Director meetings.
We post updates as future topics and previous Forum materials become available. Check back for information on past and future Forums.
Upcoming Forum Dates
We are working in partnership with Human Resources on programming for the 2020-2021 academic year. Check back soon for details on our first forum of the year in October!
We hope you are all safe and in good health and look forward to seeing you at Admin Forums in the future.